Suffolk Campers are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services or our website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Suffolk Campers may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 18 August 2017.
Who we are
Suffolk Campers are an independent UK company with a UK registered trademark and not associated by any other company by that name. We specialise in self-drive camper van hire for UK and European travel alongside conversions and maintenance. Any personal information provided to or gathered by us is controlled by Suffolk Campers.
What information do we collect
When you make a camper van hire booking or request a quote, you will be asked for the relevant pieces of information required to fulfil the camper van hire services requested and to obtain insurance; this may include the main driver’s name, age, contact details (email, address and telephone number), date and place of birth, passport information, driving licence information and payment information. When you request a quote, you will be asked for basic pieces of information and contact details (email, address and telephone number). We will email you with relevant information about renting a motorhome.
- When you visit our website, even if you do not make a booking, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. None of this information by itself will be able to tell us who you are, but it can still considered to be ‘personal’ information.
- We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media.
What do we do with the information we gather
We require this information to process your booking or understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Hirer details will be shared with our insurance company to ensure that you are covered to drive the motorhome.
- We will keep hirer details for internal record keeping, auditing and regulation purposes.
- We may need to share hirer details with competent authorities: We may share your personal information with government or investigative authorities if we are required by law.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at enquiries@suffolkcampers.
co.uk. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties under any circumstances.
Suffolk Campers are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We do not store financially sensitive information such as credit card numbers, bank details or security numbers except in the case of security bonds. These are kept manually and under lock and key.
A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing that website. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user’s previous activity.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Suffolk Campers website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email enquiries@suffolkcampers. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.